Saturday 1 August 2009

National Friendship Day

Its National Friendship day tomorrow which is making me think a lot about my friends. I love them all to pieces and I am good friends with them all, but I haven't got one best friend who I tell everything to do. Someone who will always be there for me, who would drop everything to bring me ice cream if I was upset, who would never judge me for my mistakes, who I would miss if I didn't see her every single day and who I would talk on the phone too every spare second I had.
I had that once at school but she became part of the 'popular' crowd of bitches and turned on me. She was my bestest friend for 3 years and suddenly she didn't want to know anymore. She took lots of my other friends with her and I was left devastated. I lot of my other friend who I was never as close to really rallied round and I finished school very happy with some great friends. But since going to uni we have all drifted apart.
Now I have my uni friends, who are all amazing but none of them are the best friend I want. Then there are my work friends, but the turnover is so big because when people leave we usually don't really see each other any more.
I'm scared I am getting too old now to make that kind of friend, my mum met her best friend on their first day at primary school age 5, and they have been best friends ever since. What if I never have that someone to grow up with, who will know every secret I ever had and love me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment